Last Updated on September 11, 2021.
Are you a new mom? Parenting is not easy, and it can be especially difficult when you’re a first-time parent. You may have many questions about how to raise your child or what the best parenting strategies are for your family. This blog post will give you 50 of the best pieces of advice from other moms who’ve been there before!
First-Time Mom Overwhelmed?
Are you a first-time mom who is feeling completely overwhelmed? You are not alone. Many moms go through this, even those with older children! It can be difficult transitioning into motherhood and figuring out how to care for your new baby.
Every Baby is Different
You’ll get a lot of advice (some of which is unsolicited), but not all of it is going to work for you. Each baby is different, and you’ll have to discover what works best for your child.
The 50 Best Tips for New Moms
- The Dishes Can Wait
- Trust Your Instincts
- Fed is Best
- Take Lots of Pictures & Videos
- Feed Your Soul
- Find Your Mom Village
- Avoid the Supermom Mentality
- Everything is Temporary
- Read to Your Baby Every SIngle Day
- If Someone Offers Help, Take It
- Prioritize Sleep Over All Else
- Get Comfortable with Mistakes
- Travel, even when they’re little
- Start Chores Early
- Strictly Monitor Your Own Screen Time
- Get Outside Daily
- Have Dance Parties
- Practice an Attitude of Gratitude
- Foster a Growth Mindset
- It’s Ok to Not Love Every Minute of Motherhood
- Take a Parenting Course
- Love at First Sight Doesn’t Happen for Every Mom
- The sleep deprivation won’t kill you
- A bad day doesn’t make you a bad mom
- Postpartum Depression is real
- Don’t Make Big Life Decisions
- Stay off of Pinterest
- Your body will never be the same
- You are beautiful
- There’s no one right way
- Minimalism will reduce your anxiety
- Let them get messy
- Pick your battles
- Routines will be your best friend
- Wearing your baby will benefit you both
- Don’t Stress About Milestones
- Tears are OK
- Germs are good babies
- Be a good example
- Silence means trouble
- Give your kid plenty of hugs every day
- Self-care is not selfish
- Get on a schedule
- Make time to act silly
- Use a sleep sack from day one
- Find Parenting Resources you love (like magazines, blogs)
- Encourage Dad and baby to bond
- Learn CPR and Other Safety Strategies
- Set Boundaries with Visitors (like saying no to house guests)
- Parenting goals are great, but the first year is about survival
The Bottom Line
Motherhood is hard. Learn a few lessons from moms before you by trying out these 50 amazing pieces of advice for a new mom.
What You Should Do Next…
Are you ready for more activities to build a rock-solid bond with your kids? Try our Connected Parent Challenge! It’s 15 Days of 15 Minute activities that are sure to improve your connection, diminish bad behavior, and create lasting memories. Plus, I’ll deliver more amazing parenting strategies to your inbox weekly (don’t worry, unsubscribe any time!).
Connect with like-minded moms (and dads!) in our free online community. You’ll find a plethora of resources to help you through your parenting challenges. Plus, you’ll find me there! And I’d love to connect.
Do you need actionable strategies right now? Register for this free 60-minute webinar titled How to Get Kids to Listen, Without Nagging, Yelling or Losing Control. You’ll walk away with parent-tested tactics to get your kids to listen starting today.