In a world of 11 billion people, it’s easy to feel small and insignificant. But there are plenty of examples of a single person having a huge impact on this world. The truth is one person CAN make a difference. And one person can certainly change the life of multiple people for the better.
Who Said One Person Can Make a Difference?
“One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.”
The famous quote is supposedly from John F. Kennedy.
However, there’s no concrete evidence that he uttered this exact phrase. He used similar language in a number of speeches and at campaign rallies, but it’s possible that this was not an exact quote.
There are plenty of other people who have made similar statements, but the point of all of them is the same: every individual has the capability of making an impact in our world, and every single person should strive to live up to that potential.
Can One Person Really Make a Difference?
Absolutely, positively, YES. One person can have a huge impact on the world around them.
It’s easy to get caught up in the idea that you have to be famous or rich to have a real impact on the world. But that’s definitely not true.
Kindness and generosity can go a long way in changing the average person’s life. Donating, volunteering, and offering help to others are easy ways that you can make a difference.
Encourage these values within your family, and set goals to make these traits a priority.
Quotes about Making a Difference
- “If you cannot feed a hundred people, feed one.” Mother Teresa
- “Little things make a big difference.” Yogi Berra
- “You don’t need to come from wealth or privilege to make a difference.” Joni Ernst
- “We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in our hands to make a difference.” Nelson Mandela
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” Anne Frank
- “When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.” Maya Angelou
- “We must become the change we want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” Muhammad Ali
- “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” Mother Teresa
- “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” Buddha
What You Should Do Next…
Are you ready for more activities to build a rock-solid bond with your kids? Try our Connected Parent Challenge! It’s 15 Days of 15 Minute activities that are sure to improve your connection, diminish bad behavior, and create lasting memories. Plus, I’ll deliver more amazing parenting strategies to your inbox weekly (don’t worry, unsubscribe any time!).
Connect with like-minded moms (and dads!) in our free online community. You’ll find a plethora of resources to help you through your parenting challenges. Plus, you’ll find me there! And I’d love to connect.
Do you need actionable strategies right now? Register for this free 60-minute webinar titled How to Get Kids to Listen, Without Nagging, Yelling or Losing Control. You’ll walk away with parent-tested tactics to get your kids to listen starting today.